We’re a little “emojional” today, you guys, which can only mean one thing…
It’s World Emoji Day!
What would life be like without those cute little emoticons? I mean, there’s one for practically every life situation.
- When it’s pouring rain outside, and you forgot your umbrella:
- When you ate so much pizza, you resemble a beached whale:
- When the Marlins score a run, so you do a little jig:
- When you just really feel like indulging in a pear:
You may not have even realized it, but there are also emojis for your favorite Marlins players! Scroll down to see what we mean…
Dee Gordon – The Lightning Bolt!
The average lightning bolt moves at 224,000 mph. We’re pretty sure this speed deemon can run faster.
Giancarlo Stanton – The Bicep!
It’s like bro, do you even lift?
Adeiny Hechavarria – The Dog!
After all, he is El Perro. Uuufff!
Marcell Ozuna – The Bear!
Earlier this year, Marcell shocked the world by proving something huge: he’s an actual bear.
AJ Ramos – The Joker!
From photo bombing fans to spot-on celebrity impressions, AJ is known for being one of the biggest jokesters on the team.
José Fernández – The Flame!
He’s a flame-thrower, that’s for sure. (See what we did there?)
Brad Hand – The Hand!
Pretty self-explanatory. We’ll give ourselves a hand for this one.
Carter Capps – The 100!
He hits triple digits on the radar gun seemingly every night. It’s like this emoji was made for him!
Giancarlo Stanton & Dee Gordon – The Twins!
Since their love of Kit Kats brought them together, nothing’s been the same…
Christian Yelich – The Baby!
Someday, you’ll appreciate how young you look, Christian. We promise.
Ichiro Suzuki – The Japanese Flag!
Fun fact: Ichiro was the first Japanese-born position player in Major League Baseball and the first to ever play for the Marlins!
Billy The Marlin – The Fish!
Because what other emoji would Billy be?!
Did we miss any emoji matches, Fish Family? Sound off in the comments below or on Twitter using hashtag #MarlinsEmojis!
Ichiro Suzuki is one of the greats. He’s accumulated nearly 3,000 hits throughout his career. He’s played in the All-Star Game 10 times (consecutively!). Heck, even at 41 years old, the outfielder is still swiping bases with ease.
There really isn’t anything Ichiro can’t do… or so we all thought!
If you were at Marlins Park last week, you may have seen him appear on Marlins Vision for a segment called Minute to Win It. In an intense game of Flip Your Lid, Ichiro is tasked with successfully flipping a cup onto a bottle laying a foot away.
Despite getting cheered on by his biggest superfan, the ever-competitive Ichiro struggles mightily. It’s clear he isn’t used to losing — let alone being bad at anything.
But does he eventually win the game? Watch the clip below to find out:
Us right now:
Safe to say we won’t be choosing him as our flip cup partner anytime soon. Sorry, Ichiro…
#FishFamily, it’s your last chance to see the Marlins before the All-Star Break begins! Starting tomorrow and all weekend long, the ballpark will have special events, concerts, freebies — and, of course, Marlins baseball as they take on the Cincinnati Reds.
Don’t miss out!
10) Baseball Tomorrow Fund Equipment Drive — Friday, July 10 at Marlins Park
Donate your new or gently used baseball and softball equipment to the Baseball Tomorrow Fund Equipment Drive this Friday at Marlins Park! BTF is a program of MLB and the MLBPA that supports youth baseball and softball around the world. For more information, visit baseballtomorrowfund.com.
9) Christmas In July — Friday, July 10 vs. Reds (7:10 PM)
Celebrate the holiday season a few months early at Marlins Park! There’s a ton in store for fans who purchase the $25 Special Event Ticket Package:
- Game ticket
- Marlins “Christmas sweater” t-shirt
- Photo with Santa Claus
- VIP pregame party with DJ, games, prizes and more from 5:30 – 6:45 PM
- Marlins Energy Team Poster giveawy
- Amazing post-game fireworks display featuring a Christmas snowfall!
A portion of the proceeds benefits the Marlins RBI Program.
8) Marlins Energy Team Poster Giveaway — Friday, July 10 vs. Reds (7:10 PM)
Who doesn’t love a freebie?! Be one of the first 10,000 fans to arrive at the ballpark this Friday, and you’ll receive a Marlins Energy Team Poster!
7) Cholesterol Awareness Night — Friday, July 10 vs. Reds (7:10 PM)
This Friday, the Marlins will offer free lipid screenings and cholesterol education to fans 18 and older attending the game as part of Cholesterol Awareness Night! The screenings will take place at the West Plaza outside the stadium from 5:00 PM through the 3rd inning.
6) G-Squad Ticket Special — Saturday, July 11 vs. Reds (4:10 PM)
Show your support for Giancarlo Stanton by joining the inaugural G-Squad! This Saturday (and select Saturday home games), you can get a game ticket to sit in right field, along with a special edition G-Squad arm sleeve — all for just $27. For each ticket sold, a $2 donation will be made to the Marlins RBI Program. For more information, visit marlins.com/gsquad!
5) Beerfest — Saturday, July 11 vs. Reds (4:10 PM)
The Clevelander at Marlins Park has the perfect event for all beer enthusiasts! Starting at $30, fans can enjoy an afternoon of beverage tasting — starting three hours prior to the first pitch — that includes:
- Clevelander ticket
- Souvenir 4oz Beerfest sampling mug
- Samples of international, domestic and local craft beer
For more information, visit marlins.com/specialevents.
4) Saturday Spectacular Summer Concert: Jerry Rivera — Saturday, July 11 vs. Reds (4:10 PM)
After rocking the West Plaza stage in 2013, Grammy Award-nominee Jerry Rivera returns this Saturday for a concert after the game! Be there as the Puerto Rican salsa singer performs some of his best chart-toppers — like his latest, “Noche Bohemia” — for what will surely be another huge crowd.
3) Mental Health Awareness Day — Sunday, July 12 vs. Reds (1:10 PM)
Help the Marlins increase Mental Health Awareness this Sunday at the park! For just $30, all Special Event Ticket Package buyers will receive:
- Lower Level game ticket
- Pre-game ceremony recognizing Mental Health Awareness Team Captains
- Henderson Alvarez bobblehead (first 10,000 fans)
- Post-game Diamond Dash (kids 12 and under)
A portion of the proceeds benefits the Ride to Awareness Foundation.
2) Fitness Day: Yoga — Sunday, July 12 vs. Reds (1:10 PM)
Calling all yogis! Make your way to Marlins Park this Sunday for an exclusive yoga event. The Special Event Ticket Package starts at just $25 and gets you:
- Game ticket
- Marlins yoga mat
- Hour-long yoga session after the game — on the field!
- Henderson Alvarez bobblehead (first 10,000 fans)
1) Henderson Alvarez Bobblehead Giveaway — Sunday, July 12 vs. Reds (1:10 PM)
Add a Henderson Alvarez bobblehead to your collection by attending this Sunday’s game! The first 10,000 fans will receive one.
What are YOU most looking forward to this homestand?
Is it dusty in here? It must be the pollen, because otherwise I’m not sure why my eyes are so watery…
This is the story of how *I* want to spend my 103rd birthday!
Saturday at Marlins Park featured a special birthday as Juan Miguel Diaz celebrated his 103rd birthday among his children and grandchildren.
The TV cameras were there to capture a very emotional moment. Watch:
In a uber-special twist, Marlins officials even gave him the chance to be wheeled around the bases for a special Diamond Dash. Wow.
His grandson proudly wheeled his abuelo around the bases, creating an unforgettable memory for Juan and his family.
Diaz, who was born in 1912, was 80 years young when Charlie Hough threw the Florida Marlins inaugural pitch back in April 1993. Over 23 seasons, Juan has rarely missed a game usually tuning in and listening to legendary Felo Ramirez, who also celebrated a birthday this past week. Juan’s love for the Marlins was on display as he came to the ballpark proudly wearing his best Florida Marlins jersey and cap.
When asked how he felt, Juan replied, “Happy… and very emotional.”
Feliz Cumpleaños, Juan! We hope to see you again next year at the ballpark for birthday #104!
We all know about “The José Guy” by now. You know, the Marlins superfan who declared he wouldn’t shave his head or beard until Jose returns from his rehab journey?
Well, the beard and hair are 13 months old now, and with José scheduled to make his return to the team on July 2nd at Marlins Park, the time has come to buzz this guy down!
Who better than José himself? José has agreed to shave the Marlins superfan’s hair and beard — and one lucky fan will be there to help!
Plus, “The José Guy” decided to turn his hair-growing into a charitable endeavor, choosing the Make-A-Wish Foundation as the beneficiary. Here’s the video where he talks about why he chose Make-a-Wish.
It’s good to be home! This week, the Fish are back at Marlins Park to take on the Cardinals, Dodgers and Giants — and trust us when we say there is a lot in store for fans during this time! It really is better at the ballpark.
Scroll down to see the 10 Most Fun Things Happening This Homestand!
10) Nickelodeon Day supporting Young At Art – Friday, June 26 vs. Dodgers (7:10 PM)
This Friday, Nickelodeon Day returns to Marlins Park with a special theme: SpongeBob SquarePants! For just $25, all Special Event Ticket Package buyers will receive:
- Game ticket to Marlins vs. Dodgers
- Pregame meet-and-greet with SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick
- SpongeBob SquarePants giveaway item
- VIP pregame party with DJ, prizes and more from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m.
- Post-game fireworks display
- A portion of proceeds will benefit Miami Marlins Charity Partner Young At Art
9) Fireworks Friday – Friday, June 26 vs. Dodgers (7:10 PM)
Every Friday, stay in your seats after the game to enjoy a beautiful post-game fireworks display! This Friday will feature SpongeBob SquarePants music to go along with the Nickelodeon Day festivities.
8) Umpire Clinic – Saturday, June 27 vs. Dodgers (4:10 PM)
Have you ever wanted to experience what it’s like to be a Major League umpire? Now’s your chance! Learn from the best at the Marlins’ Umpire Clinic this Saturday. Starting at $27, all fans who purchase a Special Event Ticket Package will receive:
- Game ticket
- Priority access to our complimentary umpire clinic hosted by MLB umpire camps
7) Journey Tribute Band: “Never Stop Believin'” – Saturday, June 27 vs. Dodgers (4:10 PM)
Head to the West Plaza after Saturday’s game for a postgame performance by Never Stop Believin': the Journey tribute band! The group will perform some of Journey’s biggest hits, all while capturing the look, music and excitement of the Steve Perry years.
6) Japanese Heritage Day – Sunday, June 28 vs. Dodgers (1:10 PM)
Celebrate your Japanese heritage with the Marlins! The $30 Special Event Ticket Package will get you:
- Baseline Reserved game ticket in the Japanese Heritage section
- Cheers will be led by an ōendan
- Japanese Heritage Day t-shirt
5) Sunday Funday – Sunday, June 28 vs. Dodgers (1:10 PM)
Sundays at Marlins Park are for families! Each Sunday home game features promotional kids giveaway items, family ticket discounts, Diamond Dash for kids 12 years old and younger, Selfie Sunday player photo sessions and more!
4) Josh Beckett Day – Sunday, June 28 vs. Dodgers (1:10 PM)
Join us in honoring one of the most beloved Marlins in history on Josh Beckett Day! Beckett, himself, will be in attendance to throw out the first pitch — plus, all fans in attendance will receive a 2003 World Series replica ring! Be sure to vote for your favorite Beckett moments as a Marlin on marlins.com/beckett. The top five moments will be announced on Marlins Vision during the game!
3) Wine Down Wednesdays – Wednesday, July 1 vs. Giants (7:10 PM)
The second Wine Down Wednesday of the season is here! Enjoy delicious wine while watching the Marlins take on the San Francisco Giants. For $35, fans who purchase a Special Event Ticket Package will receive:
- Lexus Legends Level game ticket
- One (1) glass of wine
- Marlins wine stopper
- A $5 donation to benefit Catholic Hospice Camp Erin
- Access to Wine Down Wednesday VIP event beginning at 5:30 PM
Must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol.
2) Chevron Crazy 8’s Ticket Offer – Wednesday, July 1 vs. Giants (7:10 PM)
If you purchase eight (8) gallons or more from participating Chevron stations, you’re eligible for discounted Marlins tickets! Enjoy $18 Lexus Legends Level tickets or $28 Home Plate Box C tickets on select Wednesday home games this season.
1) #JoseDay – Thursday, July 2 vs. Giants (12:10 PM)
José Fernández is back! Join us at Marlins Park next Thursday for #JoseDay, his first start in nearly 14 months! The game will feature special matinee pricing, $1 hot dogs and a special “Jose Head” giveaway for all fan in attendance. You won’t want to miss this!
On Sunday, August 23rd, we’re goin’ back to that magical season of 2003.
Wild Card winners.
Pudge hangs on.
Down 3-1, but never out of the NLCS.
Game 6 at Wrigley Field.
Gonzo’s walk-off winner in the World Series.
Beckett shuts down the Yankees to win it all.
What a season. What a team.
On Cloud Conine is excited to announce that August 23rd will officially be Dontrelle Willis and Juan Pierre Day at Marlins Park!
Break out your best Willis and Pierre jerseys for August 23rd! Tickets are available now at marlins.com/tickets. As a special bonus, the first 10,000 fans in attendance on August 23rd will receive a D-Train and JP t-Shirt courtesy of Miccosukee Resort & Gaming.
Dontrelle, who pitched five seasons (2003-2007) for the Marlins, was a fixture in the World Champion’s rotation. During his tenure in South Florida, Dontrelle was a two-time All-Star and the 2003 National League Rookie of the Year . After winning 22 games in 2005 – the most all-time by a Marlins pitcher – he finished second in National League Cy Young voting.
Known for his signature leg kick, Dontrelle is one of the most popular (and imitated) players in Marlins history.
Referred to as a future Major League coach by President of Baseball Operations Michael Hill, Juan Pierre is widely regarded one of the best teammates in baseball. Juan also holds numerous individual season records for the Marlins, including games played, hits, singles, triples, multi-hit games and stolen bases.
Known for his blazing speed, Juan was a terror on the base paths. During the 2013 season, Juan became the 18th player to reach 600 career stolen bases.
Join your #FishFamily in recognizing two of the greatest heroes of the 2003 World Series Championship Marlins.
July 2nd may just be the day 13+ months in the making.
Jose Fernandez’s rehabilitation journey enters its final weeks and if all goes according to plan (knock on wood!), Jose is scheduled to make his return on Thursday, July 2nd at Marlins Park at 12:10pm!
ALSO: This 12:10pm weekday game will feature special matinee pricing, $1 hot dogs and a special “Jose Head” giveaway to all in attendance.
Us right now:
No better way to start a Holiday long weekend than by playing hooky from work to watch the long-anticipated return of one of the game’s absolute best. If you ever needed a reason to call in from work, #JoseDay is as good as it gets.
Get ready to see some of this…
Maybe some of these…
And a whole lot of these:
It also means that Jose Guy may finally be able to shave. Just in time for the fourth of July! Andres will be celebrating his Independence from his facial hair. God Bless America! Check out marlins.com/auctions Tuesday morning for a very special opportunity to meet Jose and do some shaving with him. Shave The Date!
* Please note: the Jose’s Heroes ticket plan has sold out and no single-game tickets will be available in the Jose’s Heroes seating area this season.
Now the we — err, Shia — got your attention, here are The 10 Most Fun Things Happening this Homestand as the Fish take on the Rockies and Yankees!
10) Summer Beach Bash – Friday, June 12th vs. Rockies (7:10 PM)
What better way to start your summer than with the Marlins!? For just $25, all fans who purchase the Special Event Ticket Package will receive:
- Game ticket
- An exclusive summer celebration in the West Plaza (dress in your best beach attire!)
- Marlins beach sandals
- Post-game fireworks display
A portion of the proceeds benefit Water Safety Awareness programs.
9) Fireworks Friday – Friday, June 12th vs. Rockies (7:10 PM)
Just because the game is over doesn’t mean the night is! Remember to stick around for an amazing post-game fireworks display. The best part? You can move down closer to the field for a better view of the show.
8) Venezuelan Heritage Day – Saturday, June 13th vs. Rockies (4:10 PM)
Join the Venezuelan heritage celebration with the Marlins! If you purchase the Special Event Ticket Package, starting at just $25, you’ll get:
- Lower Level game ticket
- Venezuelan Heritage Day t-shirt
- Post-game concert by Cuban hip hop group Gente de Zona!
7) Bark at the Park & Adopt-O-Mania – Saturday, June 13th vs. Rockies (7:10 PM)
Catch a baseball game alongside man’s best friend for Bark at the Park! If you don’t have a dog or pet, head to the West Plaza before the game for the 4th annual Marlins Ayudan Adopt-O-Mania. The adoption of a dog allows you to bring it inside the park.
Be sure to stop by the 1-800-PetMeds tables (located at the Vista Level and West Plaza) for adoption kits, dog treats, stuffed dog toys, coupons and more!
100% of the proceeds from the dog tickets benefit the Humane Society of Greater Miami.
6) Beerfest – Saturday, June 13th vs. Rockies (4:10 PM)
If you love a nice cold one, then make your way to the Clevelander at Marlins Park for Beerfest! Enjoy samples of international, domestic and craft beer beginning three hours prior to the first pitch. The Ticket Package starts at $30 and includes:
- Game ticket in the Clevelander
- A souvenir 4oz Beerfest sampling mug
5) Saturday Spectacular Post-Game Concert – Saturday, June 13th vs. Rockies (4:10 PM)
One of the biggest groups in reggaeton makes their big return to the park this weekend: Gente de Zona! The Grammy Award-winners will perform some of their biggest hits after the game, like “Bailando” and “Yo Quiero.” After seeing them rock the stage last year, you’re not going to want to miss this one — trust us!
4) Marlins Foundation’s Play Catch with Dad – Sunday, June 14th vs. Rockies (1:10 PM)
Looking for a great Father’s Day gift for Dad? Let him live out his dream by playing catch on the field like a big leaguer! The Marlins Play Catch Package includes:
- All You Can Eat Lexus Legend game tickets
- An opportunity to play catch in the outfield after the game
- Commemorative photo of your group in the dugout
- Official Marlins game-used baseball
Proceeds benefit the Marlins RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities) Program Scholarship.
3) Marlins Recyclable Grocery Tote Bag Giveaway – Sunday, June 14th vs. Rockies (1:10 PM)
Who doesn’t love free stuff?! All fans who attend this Sunday’s game will go home with a reusable Marlins grocery bag!
2) Selfie Sunday – Sunday, June 14th vs. Rockies (1:10 PM)
Get up close and personal with the Fish like never before! This Sunday, visit Section 12 by the Majestic Team Store at 6:00 PM sharp to take a selfie with a player.
1) Ultimate Vice Night – Monday, June 15th vs. Yankees (7:10 PM)
The Marlins are once again teaming up with Alec Bradley Cigar Co. for an amazing night in the Clevelander! The Special Event Ticket Package includes a pack of cigars, an open beer and wine bar, a dinner buffet and more. Guests will also enjoy complimentary whiskey tastings. For more information, visit marlins.com/specialevents.
Fish Family, what are YOU most looking forward to at the ballpark this homestand?